Sunday, February 21, 2010

PMA 2010

PMA 2010 begins on the 21st which is today but because of the time difference between countries its not the 21st yet. I can't wait to see what new gear is in store for consumers and photographers from all the companies exhibiting their products. Especially for Sony, the a700 successor! Canon and pentax and some other company (I forgot) pulled out of the trade show. This is just a short summary of what has been announced lately from a few of the companies. Also paying attention to Olympus, Panasonic, Fujifilm and Samsung that have some pretty interesting offerings as well but making a list with all those is just too much work for me.

Canon


(DSLR) EOS 550d / Rebel T2i
(Compact Camera) PowerShot SX210 IS
(Compact Camera) SD3500 IS / IXUS 210
(Compact Camera) PowerShot SD1300 IS / IXUS 105
(Compact Camera) PowerShot SD1400 IS / IXUS 130

Nikon


(Lens) 16-35mm f/4 G ED VR
(Lens) 24mm f/1.4 G ED
(Bridge Camera) Coolpix P100
(Bridge Camera) Coolpix L110
(Compact Camera) Coolpix S8000
(Compact Camera) Coolpix S4000
(Comapct Camera) Coolpix S3000
(Compact Camera) Coolpix L21
(Compact Camera) Coolpix L22

Sony


(DSLR) Sony Alpha 450
(Compact Camera) Cyber-Shot DSC-HX5V
(Compact Camera) Cyber-Shot DSC-H55
(Compact Camera) Cyber-Shot DSC-TX7
(Compact Camera) Cyber-Shot DSC-TX5
(Compact Camera) Cyber-shot DSC-W390, W380, W370, W360, W350, W330, W320, W310 (so many cyber-shots with similar features)
(Compact Camera) Cyber-shot DSC-S2100
(Compact Camera) Cyber-shot DSC-S2000
(Compact Camera) Cyber-shot DSC-W39, W38

Anyway, with all the gadgets and gear that comes out every now and then, I often lose sight of whats important. And thats taking great photos. New DSLRs and Lenses are always exciting for me to check out but getting those things won't make me a better photographer. Its what you do with the camera that makes you better. One of my mentors told me today, "Practice is always my answer to achieving excellence in all things.Using your mind and always seeking the unusual or simply a better way of shooting something is definitely the key." He's a great mentor to have and I appreciate his guidance. So I should really go out and take photos but since I hurt my ankle, I'm not able to do that and it sucks cause I was also meant to be shooting at Tropfest 2010 and Fair Day at Victoria Park today. Oh well.

Thanks for reading and go out and take some photos! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment