Monday, June 14, 2010

Melbourne and the Digital Life Expo

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to share some of my experiences whilst I was at Melbourne. First of all, it was freezing! Every time I stepped out of the hotel, the cold breeze would just be so overwhelming that I cringe. Other than that, its a great city and the art capital of Australia.

Graffiti at an alley way off Bourke Street

Theres so many artsy things that photographers can take photos of and experience such as graffiti in alley ways, the buildings at federation square, the light shows at night time and even the shops that look artistic. Also everyone is so nice and friendly there and I can't wait to go back again, sometime soon hopefully. One of the places that I enjoyed a lot was Michael's camera store. Out of all the camera stores we visited, this is the best and the customer service was great. I always like to mention that they have a Sony Alpha gallery and a camera museum on the second floor which I found to be really interesting.

Michaels Camera Museum

During the four days stay at Melbourne myself and Marione were strapped for time as we were always busy working on our future projects, site seeing and a lot of walking taking photos. We didn't manage to do everything but we did see a lot such as the aquarium, Eureka skydeck, Federation square's light show, crown casion, heaps of cafes and restaurants and of course the Digital Life Expo at the Melbourne Convetion and Exhibition Centre.

Digital Life Expo - Taken from the Olympus Stand

The expo was great and I can't wait for the expo to return next year in Sydney. There were so many photographers there and a lot of gear that Marione and I tried out. We learnt so much and was overwhelmed with a heap of information regarding cameras, techniques, lighting gear and use and a whole lot more. I was able to participate in one of the workshops where I had the chance to work with one of the models. 

A model from one of the stands at the Digital Life Expo
 
I learnt so much at the expo and made a lot of contacts for suppliers and have a better understanding of what is needed in the industry. Overall, it was a great experience and it was well worth the trip to Melbourne.

Thanks for reading! =.)

No comments:

Post a Comment