Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Photos 171-191

exposure: 1/60sec f/stop: 11 iso: 100

I took so many shots of bees this day and only a handful of photos sharp enough to use. With the bees constantly moving and using manual focus, it was a challenge but I probably just need more practice. I like this shot because the photos in focus, there's nice bokeh and its a shot of the bee hard at work.

exposure: 1/250sec f/stop: 9 iso: 100

 A simple shot at Bicentennial Park, taken from the tower. It was extremely windy that day.

exposure: 1/15sec f/stop: 5.6 iso: 100

I was at Bondi Beach this morning with Marione taking some early sunrise photos. There were heaps of people there exercising and walking their dogs. I took this shot of people doing yoga on the beach. I love the sunrise colors.

exposure: 1/640sec f/stop: 6.3 iso: 100

I was out today taking shots of birds and ducks in flight today and managed to get this shot. I cropped it in photoshop but I just wanted to show the full photo here.

exposure: 1/5sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 200

Yay new lens today! Instead of showing the whole lens like my Tamron, I thought I'd take a different approach and take a photo to show the important specs of it. Needed to buy this lens for the upcoming fashion shows.

exposure: 1/5sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 100

Taken outside in front of my house. I have a lot of these in the front. I have a mind blank at the moment and I can't remember what these are called. Took a few shots of this and up close the detail of this photo is amazing.

 exposure: 10sec f/stop: 13 iso: 100

I was at the beach again on this morning. Using my filters, I was able to achieve a long shutter speed without overexposing the photo. I was considering of using this in my landscape portfolio but I would rather do this shot again.

 exposure: 1/1000sec f/stop: 6.3 iso: 100

I remember I was at Olympic Park and as a plane flew over me, I took this shot. I wish I had a longer lens so I can get real close ups of the planes.

exposure: 1/160sec f/stop: 9 iso: 100

It was another windy day in Sydney doing location scouting with Marione. We actually chose to shoot around this area for our photo shoot. I'll write up a post about it soon. What I like about in this photo is the wind blowing through the long plants. 

exposure: 1/200sec f/stop: 5 iso: 800

This is one of the members from a band called 'Set Sail'. They were basking in front of QVB and worked up quite a large crowd. These guys are awesome performers and they're cover songs are amazing! Definitely a band worth looking up.

exposure: 1/200sec f/stop: 6.3 iso: 100

I watched Michael Jackson's movie, 'This Is It' and there was a point in the movie where he was talking about the environment and how its up to every individual to take care of the planet and not to just rely on other people and think the government will take care of things because its up to all of to us to make a difference. Here's a quote from the movie, "nature is trying so hard to compensate for man's mismanagement of the planet, because the planet is sick, like a fever. If we don't fix it now, its at the point of no return". What he said inspired me to make more of an effort to help the environment and I will. By the way, I picked up this bottle and threw it in the recycling bin after taking this shot.

exposure: 30sec f/stop: 8 iso: 100

I went to Bondi Beach at night after having a reading session at Borders. Took this shot from one of  the look out points. The floodlights at the bottom of the shot ruin the photo but then again I don't really like where I took this photo from. I'll probably come back and do another shot from a different vantage point.

exposure: 1/160sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 400

The Erin Louise fashion show was a great first time experience of shooting a fashion show. I didn't get enough time to change lenses for a proper shot but I managed to just fit all of the models in this frame.

 exposure: 1/400sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 100

JMCK had a photo shoot today and the concept of this shoot was action and movement. I'll write up a post about the experiences during this shoot but overall it went well. I took this shot of myself with some long cloth flowing against the wind.

exposure: 1/10sec f/stop: 5.6 iso: 800

I was at Gloria Jeans enjoying some hot tea with Marione when out of nowhere this bird flew in our direction and landed near our feet. I grabbed my camera and took this shot of it while it was looking at some food a customer was eating.

exposure: 1/2sec f/stop: 5.6 iso: 800

My mother and I were cooking dinner today. I wanted to get a shot of the steam but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it too because of the lighting. I'll try and get a better of this another time.

exposure: 1/30sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 800

If you haven't noticed yet, the blue magician hat is from a movie called 'Fantasia' that starred Mickey Mouse. The wooden spoon is from a tipping competition that I took part in a few years ago back in high school. And the orange character, I have no idea where he came from.

exposure: 1/60sec f/stop: 8 iso: 100

I was using my Sigma lens on the tripod today doing some panning shots of dogs in motion. It was kind of the owners to let me take shots. I had to email the photos of the dog to them though which was cool.

exposure: 1/2sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 100

It may not look big here but this is a huge mug. I should have taken a comparison photo with a normal sized mug. Don't really know why I bought this but its a good prop to have and I'll probably be using this for other photos.

exposure: 1/500sec f/stop: 4.5 iso: 100

I was at the bay run today taking a few photos practicing with my filters and some other techniques I wanted to try out. I would of liked this shot more if the filter I used was balanced. As you can see the top section of the sky is dark and towards the end of the horizon its bright. I guess I still need more practice and should pay more attention to where I place the filters.

1 comment: