Sunday, June 5, 2011

{Photo Shoot} The Guitarist

exposure: 1/1600sec f/stop: 5 iso: 100

I decided to have a little shoot with my dad in his bat cave which is actually the garage. He spends his time playing the guitar here nearly everyday after he comes home from work. I was going for a natural look with no posing here so you get a glimpse of how he is in his environment. I converted this to black and white to create some mood and I used two flashes off camera. One was set up to my right just behind him to create the shadowing and to give it some emotion. The second was to my left just in front of him set at a low power. The only thing I don't like in this photo is the beer bottle on the bottom left corner (just goes to show that I need to be more aware of the placement of objects in a photo).

This is also my submission in a photo contest conducted by Digital Camera Warehouse and Canon. Let's hope I'm one of the finalists.

Gear used:
- two flashes (HVL-F58AM and HVL-F43AM)
- two light stands with Manfrotto 026
- camera with 24-70mm lens attached 

No comments:

Post a Comment