Monday, July 11, 2011

{Self-Portrait Project} "Don't step on me!"

exposure: 1/100sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 100

Hi everyone! I had little time to plan for this shot since I've been so busy lately but luckily it turned out alright with a simple setup and a simple concept. The only problem that I encountered whilst doing this photo was that it was freezing cold. This is pretty much another attempt of me trying to step out of my comfort zone with another weird facial expression (I was supposed to look scared that I was about to get squashed by a huge foot but when I looked closer I looked a bit happy about it). 

I took this shot with self timer and the flash was on the floor a couple of meters away from the camera using wireless flash. Marione's shoe was used to create the shadow and the flash was pointed at a certain angle and distance away from the wall to get the shadow large enough to make it look like it was about to step on me. Initially I was supposed to get a shadow of a hand in this shot but Marione's hand is so small and her fingers would disappear since they're so thin so we chose to use her foot.

Gear used:
- Sony a350 with Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 lens attached
- one flash (HVL-58AM)
- two light stands with Manfrotto 026

No comments:

Post a Comment