Monday, September 19, 2011

{Self-Portrait Project} Smokey water

exposure: 1/4000sec f/stop: 8 iso: 100

Hi everyone! This is my first post of a double self-portrait for this week since I missed the previous week. The name of  this title says it all. I'm blowing what looks to be smoke out of my mouth. In fact, it is milk that I'm using to substitute for smoke and I must say it looks pretty cool. I got this idea from another photographer who did pretty much the same thing and I thought it was interesting to try out. All credits go to Patrick Taschler who originally did this. You can check it out here.

The photo was achieved by filling a fish tank with water. I set the camera on a tripod attached to a remote cable that I triggered and I had one flash used wirelessly to my right. I dunked my head in water with a mouth full of milk and I blew it out making the smokey effect. I also cleaned the image up in photoshop to get rid of some of the bubbles.
Gear used:
- Sony a350 with Tamron 90mm 2.8 lens attached
- one flash (HVL-F58AM)
- tripod
- remote cable

No comments:

Post a Comment