Monday, October 24, 2011

{Self-Portrait Project} Night Drive

exposure: 1/640sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 200

Hi everyone! I used to drive around a lot to the city and pretty much anywhere at night taking photos in different places or just hanging out with friends. I was more a nocturnal person compared to what I am now, getting up at four in the morning to take photos. I guess this photo is a tribute to my old nocturnal life.

I took this photo in my car with my camera set on a tripod in the driver's seat facing the back. I used two flashes, off-camera on light stands. One was outside next to the door I was facing and the other was at the back of the car. I used a remote cable to trigger the camera and flashes. I didn't actually take this self-portrait in the city. It is instead two photos in one, where the city background was taken a long time ago and I my self-portrait was taken today. I merged the photos together in photoshop to the best of my ability (my photoshop skills aren't that great) and this is the final result.  

Gear used:
- Sony a77 with Carl Zeiss 24-70mm f2.8 lens attached 
- two flashes (HVL-F58AM & HVL-F43AM)
- orange gel
- two light stands
- remote cable
- tripod

No comments:

Post a Comment