Monday, October 31, 2011

{Self-Portrait Project} You're Next

exposure: 1/4000sec f/stop: 2.8 iso: 400

Hi everyone! In the spirit of Halloween I thought I would do a self-portrait that would fit with the occasion. I was sort of going for a Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th) or one of those slasher film villain looks. I wanted to be holding a machete or a huge knife or even an axe to add more to the photo but I didn't have any and a small kitchen knife wouldn't do. Anyway, Happy Halloween!

I took this photo with my camera mounted on a tripod turned slightly turned on its side to get a bit of a tilt in the photo. I used two flashes with red gels on light stands behind me and the camera was triggered via a remote cable.

Gear used:
- Sony a77 with Carl Zeiss 24-70mm 2.8 lens attached
- two flashes with red gels (HVL-F58AM & HVL-F43AM) 
- two light stands 
- remote cable
- tripod 

No comments:

Post a Comment